Support APNA by becoming a member!
By Elizabeth Snow, Membership Secretary.
As incoming Membership Secretary, a position on the APNA board, I am excited to spread the word about how you can help support the APNA by becoming a member.
What are the benefits of having a current membership with the organization?
- Each regular, senior, and organizational member of APNA shall have full voting rights at all APNA General Membership meetings. Organizational members shall have one vote exercisable by an individual designated in writing to the Membership Secretary of APNA. Associate members shall not have voting rights.
- The dues contributed for membership go to the APNA general fund which is used for neighborhood association activities and administration, including newsletter printing and community events.
Types of Membership:
The bylaws of the Athmar Park Neighborhood Association stipulate that there shall be four categories of membership, as listed below, along with the current membership rate for each category:
- Regular member ($10/year): any person eighteen years to sixty-four, who rents or owns property in the APNA geographic area as defined below, and who has paid annual membership dues as required for the current fiscal year. All adults living at one address shall pay one annual household dues; each adult is entitled to one vote.
- Senior member ($5/year): any person sixty-five and over, who rents or owns property in the APNA geographic area as defined below, and who has paid annual membership dues as required for the current fiscal year. All seniors living at one address shall pay one annual household dues; each senior is entitled to one vote.
- Organizational member ($25/year): any club, church, business, educational institution, or other organization (except a neighborhood association registered with the City and County of Denver) located in Athmar park who wishes to support APNA and has paid annual membership dues for the current fiscal year. One Organization representative is entitled to one vote.
- Associate member ($25/year): any person who, or organization that, wishes to support the activities of APNA, but does not live or own property in Athmar Park. Associate member shall pay annual membership dues and receive the APNA newsletter. Associate members are not entitled to vote.
Membership shall cover the calendar year in which the dues are paid. So if you join any time during 2018, your membership will cover 2018.
How to become a member:
- You can join online at http://athmarpark.com/apna-2/become-a-member/, completing the transaction via PayPal. You can pay with a credit or debit card there, even if you do not have a PayPal account already established.
- You may write a check and send it to P.O. Box19732, Denver, CO 80219.
- Pay at an event on the Stripe card reader.
We are running a membership challenge with a goal to have 10% of the neighborhood sign-up as members during 2018. Out of approximately 3500 households, we currently have 37 members, or approximately 1%.
New members will be entered into a raffle to win some awesome local goodies.
Help us meet the goal and support APNA by becoming a member today!
Join the Athmar Park Neighborhood Association!
Becoming a member of the APNA will connect you with the community and help sustain our work to enhance and support Athmar Park. The membership fee is only $10 per year for each household and goes towards:
Neighborhood events put on throughout the year, including our Annual Summer Picnic and Athmar Park Holiday Party.