In 1991, a group of Denver’s Athmar Park residents decided to join together to improve the health, safety, and spirit of the area from West Alameda south to West Mississippi and from the South Platte River west to Federal Boulevard. They formed the Athmar Park Neighborhood Association, an all-volunteer organization composed of residents and business owners.
The purpose of the Athmar Park Neighborhood Association is to:
- To foster a spirit of community by finding positive, supportive means to meet the human and social needs that exist among the residents and businesses of the Athmar Park neighborhood.
- To preserve and enhance the character of our neighborhood by undertaking activities, such as community-based planning, to act as a guide in decisions made by the City and Count of Denver, The Denver Public Schools Board, and other institutions.
- To aid in promoting a sense of security for all residents of the neighborhood by developing the methods for dealing with, and combating, crime.
- To work with other organizations of the City and County of Denver in carrying out the foregoing purposes, and to serve as a coordinating center for community residents’ concerns.
Who is the Athmar Park Neighborhood Association?
APNA is comprised of an elected Board of Directors:
- Vice President
- Recording Secretary
- Membership Secretary
- Newsletter Editor
Additionally, there are 4 Quadrant Leaders, who represent the unique needs of their section of the neighborhood, and 4 At-Large Board members. All positions are volunteer, staffed by your Athmar Park neighbors. APNA Board members are available to answer questions, help residents get in touch with resources within the neighborhood and with city/state resources, and to serve as a way to communicate ideas between the Athmar Park community.
APNA Meeting Schedule
Our monthly meeting is on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM at Valverde Elementary School – 2030 W Alameda Ave, Denver, CO 80223.
2019 Meeting Dates:
- Tuesday, January 23, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 6:30 pm