What is the Athmar Park Active Living Coalition?
The Active Living Coalition is part of the Athmar Park Neighborhood Association and is a group of community members and partners committed to improving public health by promoting and improving the conditions for walking, biking and wheelchair-rolling.
What are the goals of the Athmar Park Active Living Coalition?
- Increase access to safe and accessible routes to the places we work, play, gather, and shop
- Encourage community members to walk, bike, and wheelchair roll for transportation
- Raise awareness of the connection between the neighborhood’s physical design, infrastructure, and the health of community members
- Promote physical activity and increase healthy choices among community members
How can community members get involved?
- Come to our general ALC meetings or join one of the Active Living Coalition Subcommittees. The subcommittees are:
- Education and Events Subcommittee will educate, energize, and engage community members through a series of events promoting physical activity and providing education on how the physical environment and design of the neighborhood can affect health.
- Active Living Plan Subcommittee will create a community-informed Active Living Plan identifying goals, objectives, strategies, and actions to achieve the Active Living Coalition goals.
- Join us at our events and activities that are designed to bring the community together to be more active. Check out the calendar for upcoming events.
- Volunteer to help us collect feedback from neighbors, interpret in Spanish, and work at our events! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Find out more about our activities and give your feedback: