Active Living Coalition Program Manager
The Active Living Program Manager will be responsible for the creation, ongoing development, management, administration and evaluation of APNA’s Active Living Coalition.
The Active Living Program Manager will work with coalition partners and communities in our neighborhood to raise awareness of the links between the built environment and public health and to increase public support for built environment related strategies that promote physical activity and increase healthy choices.
This position is funded through March 2017, with the expectation, but not commitment, of ongoing funding.
Education & Experience:
A Master’s Degree is preferred; a Bachelor’s Degree in public health, health education, social work, community planning/design, public administration or a related field is required. Applicants should have a minimum of five to ten years of professional experience in planning, public health or a related field.
The program manager will lead the strategic direction of the APNA Active Living Coalition, with tasks including but not limited to
• Identifying, recruiting, engaging and maintaining APNA Active Living Coalition partnerships
• Planning and implementing coalition meetings and activities
• Managing, improving, and supporting active participation among partners
• Planning and conducting trainings, workshops and educational events
• Documenting and tracking coalition meetings, activities, updates and tasks
• Representing the coalition at meetings of funding partners and other stakeholders
The program manager will develop and implement a communications plan, with tasks including but not limited to:
• Managing emails, online presence, newsletters and social media
• Developing materials, presentations, and tools for education, outreach and recruitment
• Working with partners to align Active Living Coalition goals and messages
• Presenting at meetings and conferences
• Conducting and coordinating media advocacy
The program manager will monitor, track and evaluate activities and impact, with tasks including but not limited to:
• Developing, tracking the initiation, passage and implementation of APNA Active Living Coalition policies and other Active Living initiatives
• Tracking and documenting APNA Active Living Coalition activities
• Monitoring the impact of coalition activities and policy implementation
• Administering and assessing partner evaluations and overall coalition functioning
The program manager will plan, implement and lead Active Living workshops, with tasks including but not limited to:
• Identifying interested partners and their training needs
• Working with partners to define workshop agendas, content and presentations
• Promoting the workshops and coordinating event registration
• Developing workshop materials, including handouts and presentation materials
• Facilitating and presenting at workshops
• Documenting and tracking workshop discussion, activities, and follow-up tasks
• Evaluating the workshops and preparing follow-up reports and materials
• Providing post-workshop support, guidance and technical assistance
The Active Living Program Manager will be responsible for other duties, as assigned, including support of APNA Active Living Coalition’s other programmatic efforts.
This is a 1099 contract position and is expected to require 20-30 hours a week funded by a grant earning $2700/month.